The Lord seems to be speaking very clearly about the importance of prayer this week. Once a month a few of our staff wives and I get together for lunch. Each month I select a message for us to listen to before hand and then we discuss it at lunch. This month we watched a dvd of Jim Cymbala preaching a message called "My house shall be called a house of prayer." It was no coincidence that this was what I needed to hear this week. God seems to be calling me to a higher level in my personal prayer life but He also is confirming to me how people are praying for me and my family on a regular basis.
I can't tell you how many times in the last month I have met someone that tells me, "I pray for you and your family every day." Whenever this happens, I always want to spill over with specifics for that person to pray because I value this so much. It seems that the more our church grows, the more the enemy attacks (or as my husband's favorite preacher,TD Jakes, says "New levels bring new devils."). I value and covet the prayers of our friends and church members. I believe with all my heart that God's way of pouring out blessings, protection and grace (among many other things) is through prayer.
So in light of this, I thought I would do a series on my blog for the next few weeks about how you can pray for your pastor, his family, our staff, our staff wives and our church.
So today is part one, How to Pray for Your Pastor...
- to lead with authority and love
- to stay tightly connected to the Lord
- to have wisdom in making decisions
- to continue to have a God-given vision for our church
- to find time to relax and unwind
- for his health (mental and physical)
- for longevity in ministry
- for purity
- to be a great husband and father
- for protection from the enemy and from people who want to cause harm
- for him as he prepares his message each week
- to preach each week with confidence and clarity
- specifically pray for him on Saturdays, this is a day of great attack for him
Today a fellow pastor's wife friend of mine emailed me this verse and it was so timely...
Call unto Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3