Great Things: Focus on the Family Podcast
I am starting a new category called Great Things. I want to strategically tell you about books, sermons, websites and other resources. So today I want to begin with the Focus on the Family broadcast.
Dr. Dobson and Focus on the Family are a household name in Christianity. They've been around for years. I remember my mom listening often throughout my childhood. She says Dr. Dobson played a very important role in how she parented us.
Dr. Dobson recently retired from Focus but their broadcast still continues. Each day their 30 minute program covers a variety of topics including health, politics, parenting, marriage, finances and many more.
You can listen online or download their podcast free. Their website is not the most user friendly but well worth it. I suggest clicking around the website so you can read the subtitles of the various broadcasts. Once I know the title and air date of the show I want, its super simple to search and download the podcast with my iPhone (Sorry I cannot help those of you without an iPhone. Sorry that you don't have one.)
Some of my favorite broadcasts that I have listened to recently are
- Train Up a Child with Dr. Kevin Leman, aired on 9-25-09 (Oh this one is good!)
- The Barretts: Our Adoption Story, aired on 10-29-09 and 10-30-09
- When Dreams Die (from the creator of Veggie Tales), aired on 10-23-09 (Our lead staff wives listened and discussed this one last month)
- Leaving Planned Parenthood, aired on 1-21-10 and 1-22-10
- Fighting for Life in Sudan, aired on 1-28-10