How to Pray Part 3- For our staff wives
Being a pastor's wife comes with many challenges. Church work is often physically, emotionally and spiritually draining. It is one of those jobs that you can never leave at work. It requires long hours and work on the the weekends.
Here are some ways that you can pray for our pastors' wives...
- to be supportive
- to know when to have important discussions
- to form trustworthy friendships
- to grow personally in their relationship with the Lord
- to have just the right words at just the right time
- to know when to critique and when to praise
- to have wisdom in parenting children
- to have patience on Saturday (often a very stressful day)
Colossians 1:9-10 (from the NLT version)
So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and you will continually do good, kind things for others. All the while, you will learn to know God better.
You can find the other parts of this series under the category prayer in the right sidebar.